Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Another failure

I'm sick of failing my interviews. Therefore, every time I fail one, I'm going to post why I think I did poorly and remember for next time what I should do differently.

For the GS Interview, I did not display enough enthusiasm, did not smile enough, did not engage enough. My answers were plain and not interesting enough. I did not ask the right questions--too self centered and did not display enough interest.

For today's interview, I was ill-prepared. I did not expect/prepare for these questions and could not think on my feet.

- Who is the CFO/CEO of our company? (Should've done my research)
- Who is an example of a good leader? (Really shot myself in the foot there) (Next time say MLKJ)
- Scenario problem with think-on-your-feet question. (failed)
- Multitasking problem- Give an example of how you multitask in the past. (Failed)
- Why you want this as opposed to IB/Sales&Trading? (Gave an "ok" answer)
- Tell me about a time when you were in a team leader experience? (Good answer)
- Tell me about a time when you were in a team and a person did not perform? (Good answer)
- Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what was required of you? (Good answer)
- Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you overcome this? (BS answer)
- Why should we hire you, why are you unique?


I should do mock interviews.

No comments: