Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day

Another year of V-Day. As I browsed the streets today for flower shops in Manhattan, I noticed a lot of different people. There were jolly men on the streets, with bright smiles on their faces and flowers in their hands, eager to give them away. There were happy women on the streets, holding huge flowers and showing it off to the other people on the streets as they swayed by. There were jealous women, those who held nothing and were bitter. There were sad men, looking at those who had something to celebrate. Valentine's Day really is extreme on both ends. The happy get happier, the sad feel more miserable.

A funny thing I noticed was that women also bought flowers at flower shops as well. I wonder if they buy it for themselves or for someone else. I saw these two girls on the train who held two roses (unpackaged) on the train. To say the very least, they were "undesirable." I really think a lot of them just buy it to show they are wanted or something lol.

Here's an interesting article (that I found on a friend's wordpress):



Mondays are really bad for relationships lol.

No comments: