Sunday, October 4, 2009

A New Chapter Begins

Since I like my English class so much, I'm going to dedicate this entire post on what's going on in that class. Our last topic was evil human nature, narcissism, violence and murder. All of that sums up to the dark half of human nature. If people weren't so selfish, thinking only of I Me Mine all the time, the world will be a very different place.

Ex:
I want your brand new Jordans. I'm going to cut you if you don't hand them over.
But you love me, how can you do this to me?


I Me Mine Lyrics--by the Beatles

All thru' the day I me mine, I me mine, I me mine.
All thru' the night I me mine, I me mine, I me mine.
Now they're frightened of leaving it
Ev'ryone's weaving it,
Coming on strong all the time,
All thru' the day I me mine.

I-I-me-me mine,
I-I-me-me mine,

All I can hear I me mine, I me mine, I me mine.
Even those tears I me mine, I me mine, I me mine.
No-one's frightened of playing it
Ev'ryone's saying it,
Flowing more freely than wine,
All thru' Your life, I me mine.

I-I-me-me mine,
I-I-me-me mine,

All I can hear I me mine, I me mine, I me mine.
Even those tears I me mine, I me mine, I me mine.
No-one's frightened of playing it
Ev'ryone's saying it,
Flowing more freely than wine,
All thru' your life I me mine.


You get the point. Everyone's out to look out for themselves. Remember other people are people too, the world doesn't revolve around you or me, but for everyone. Take for example all of those dictators that killed millions of people for their enjoyment (Hitler). Was he mentally unstable? No, he was well aware of what he was doing, but his narcissism, his disregard for other human beings led him to do very evil deeds. Just remember this world will be a better place if we all loved ourselves a bit less and put others a bit higher.


Our next topic will be a very universal feeling that everyone comes across sometime in their lifetime--alienation.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

whats the name of this english class? sounds very interesting.