Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Watching a crapload of shows

When I was a kid, back when they had cartoons on weekdays, I took them for granted. Now I found a site where I can download them from Megaupload and I can't wait to watch everything again.

Beast Wars - finished watching

I never understood the show when it was on air because I was a kid with bad English back then. I just watched it for the CGI. The show was quite good. It had a plot and it had a beginning and an end. However, it was also sad because many of the characters got killed, especially Dinobot.







Beast Machines - finished watching

This one is the sequel to Beast Wars. It was kind of weird in the end because Optimus dies to save the planet. The story is confusing at first because they lose their memories and Megatron is somehow in control of the entire planet. The modeling for the characters are somewhat ugly in my opinion but the plot makes up for it.







Monster Rancher - finished watching

This was one of those shows I was dying to see but never got the chance to watch. Back when it was on Fox 5, it aired at 3 PM exactly. I remembered that I ran home from school just to watch it but since I lived far away from the school, I would always miss the show. MR had a total of three seasons, but for some reason, Season 3 was never aired (to my knowledge). Rewatching this show made me replay Monster Rancher 2 on the Playstation. I loved this show.






Spiderman the Animated Series (1994)

This was an awesome show. It had a total of five seasons and it featured almost all of spiderman's enemies. To my surprise, Venom and Carnage only appeared in 2 story arcs (roughly 5 episodes each). I haven't rewatched the entire show as of yet, but I have seen episodes here and there. The ending was a stupid cliffhanger that was "tied up" by its sequel, Spiderman Unlimited--which was a terrible short lived 11 episode show.


Animaniacs / Pinky and the Brain - have not seen

Unfortunately, I can't find the complete set of this show anywhere. I've been looking around for a long time but with no luck. Animaniacs was a greaet show. It was quite funny and had a lot of innuendos that kids didn't understand. In fact, according to wikipedia, a lot of adults watched the show. The show's success led to a spinoff--Pinky and the Brain, which was also a smash hit.

DCAU - DC Animated Universe

Batman The Animated Series - two time Emmy award winner, I'm not that interested in this series so I might not watch it

Superman The Animated Series - This was an emmy nominated series. Again, I might or might not watch it.

Static Shock - This was a pretty good
series, but that's because it was created around the time when I actually understood the stuff, so it gave me a good impression.


Batman Beyond - I gotta rewatch this one. Batman Beyond was one of those shows I didn't understand but am quite interested in.


Justice League - This is the stuff not aired on public television. The content is much more mature and a step up in violence. The story focuses on the original seven members of the league--Superman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, Wonderwoman, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, and the Flash. Each of the episodes were about a different plot, but enjoyable nonetheless.





Justice League Unlimited
- the league expands to an X number of members. This is the end of the DCAU. I've watched the entire unlimited series and it was great. Each episode focused on a few individual heroes (a bunch of lesser known ones) and a small subplot.
















Godzilla the Series

This show is the direct sequel of the Godzilla movie in 2000. It aired on Fox 5 but I never saw the ending. Now is the time to rewatch everything.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

LOL. i remember watching all these shows on saturdays! i only ones i was actually into were monster rancher, animaniacs, and static shock. i never finish watching monster rancher probably cause they never put the last season on. the last thing i remember was that, the girl was taken away by the enemy and the others have to find a way to get up to the floating building was it? lol dont remember too much.